Monday, June 13, 2011

Raechelle Chase IFBB Figure Pro & Fitness Model

We were living in Denerau Island (Fiji) and my 3rd baby was 4 months old, and my second youngest only 20 months old. I was seriously sleep deprived and because of that, lacked the motivation I desperately needed to get back into shape. One day I looked in the mirror and decided I couldn’t put it off any longer, it was time to just start on the journey to getting my body back with the goal being, that I get into the best shape of my life, so naturally the next step was to pick a contest and compete! 6 months later I did my first competition, Dior-Rose was just 10 months old at the time. It was an insane time in my life getting ready for that show, and an achievement on its own to make it to the stage alive. My kids have never needed much sleep and training, cardio and dieting on 5 hours of broken sleep is a killer. Like they say, ‘what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger’. I did my 2nd competition in 2008, I won my Class, Best Posing Routine & Overall Figure Champion. Finally I knew that the fitness industry and competing was where I was meant to be.

Diet:
I’m constantly altering and tweaking my diet based on the last show and what I think might work better next time. I admit I prefer my diet to be easy and a bit boring so I don’t have to do much thinking about what my next meal is going to be. Diet is without a doubt the hardest aspect of getting into contest shape for me. My diet often feels a little like ground hog day! LOL. However, I find that this is the easiest way for me to stick to my eating plan. There is always so much else going on in the home and close to competition time I don’t really enjoy the food anyway. I think of it purely as an energy and growth source.
  • Meal#1 – Oats, Protein Powder & Blue berries & Raspberries, Strawberries etc
  • Meal#2 – Sushi (after training)
  • Meal#3 – 200g Fish or Chicken with Rice
  • Meal#4 – Protein Shake
  • Meal#5 – 200g Fish or Chicken & Vegetables
  • Meal#6 – Protein Shake with Water
During competition prep I substitute shakes for meals, just to make my metabolism work harder to burn the calories. And of course my calories decrease the closer I get to my competition which can be challenging as my cardio generally increases about the same time.

Supplements

I am a big believer in supplements and use them to help to stay healthy year round so I can consistently make improvements to my physique. Some of the supplements I take include Fish Oils, Adrenal Stress Support, Zinc, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and Multi Vitamins. I use Body Ripped Glutamine and Protein Powder year round as a good quality source of protein.

To assist with fat loss leading up to a show I also take L-Carnitine and Body Ripped HGH + ZMA and Thermogen Liquid.



Workout Program

Training Split: (I always do 4 sets of 10-12 reps for every exercise)

Monday – Quads

  • Hack Squats or Squats (depending on what I’m in the mood for)
  • Leg Press
  • Leg Extensions
  • Lunges

Tuesday – Shoulders

  • D/Bell Shoulder Press
  • Lateral Raises
  • Rear Delts
  • Upright Row

Wednesday – Chest

  • D/Bell Chest Press
  • D/Bell Fly’s
  • Machine Chest Press

Thursday – Back

  • Chin Ups
  • Seated Row
  • Straight Arm Pulldowns
  • Bent Over Rows (I love this one)

Friday – Hamstrings

  • Lying Leg Curls
  • Seated Leg Curls
  • Stiff Legged Deadlifts
  • Lunges

Saturday – Off
Sunday – Biceps/Triceps

  • Barbell Curl
  • Machine C urls
  • D/Bell Curls
  • Preacher Curls
  • Skull Crushers (Another favourite exercise)
  • Tricep Push-downs
  • Overhead Extensions
  • Dips or Kickbacks

I also work Abs in every second workout. Cardio differs depending on where I am in my contes t prep. Off season I do 30 mins immediately after training. During contest prep I do up to 3 hours a day of cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...